Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Welcome to Daddy Plays Bass

Welcome to the slings and arrows of my outrageous fortune.  Starting sometime in the next several days, I'm going to become a dad.  I'm excited to be blessed enough to stay home to care for my son or daughter (we don't know yet), for at least the first year.  I'll try to keep you entertained with stories both heartwarming and humorous; pictures that will melt your heart and heal your soul; music that I write, perform, and play with others; and general anecdotes about the challenges and joys of being a stay-at-home dad.


If you enjoy my writing, please share with others.  If you don't, please share with others anyway.  If you are also a stay-at-home parent, I invite you to connect with me as we create a village online for ourselves and our families.


At some point, I am planning on including ads -- I wish I could somehow make money selling my stories and writings, but, barring that, I'm going to try to support my family in all the creative ways I can conceive -- including having ads on this blog.  I hope they won't deter you from sharing our joy, sharing this blog, and inviting your friends (and enemies) to read on.


I don't know exactly where my writings will take us, just as I don't know where my life will lead.  But I look forward to the journey for all its highs and lows.  


Feel free to comment, but please be civil and supportive.  There is enough negativity in this world without adding more on these pages.  If you have praise, please share it publicly.  If you have criticism, I also welcome that:  if it's constructive, use the comments; if not, email me directly.  I am reserving the right to monitor and edit or delete any and all comments, but I'm optimistic that I won't need to do so.  Thanks!


And enjoy...

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to follow your journey! Perhaps I can take some inspiration and start writing again myself.

    -Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! i can't wait for further adventures.

    ReplyDelete