Thursday, November 3, 2011

It All Started with ABC

October 17, 2011

     It was several years back now, but Tina's and my first date was at Arbor Brewing Company.  Some call it 'the pub', but we've always called it ABC.  And it's a very good place to start.  I actually wrote a song about our first kiss -- and it starts out in that crowded pub.  Perhaps I'll perform that at Woodruff's some night and post it here...

     But this isn't about our first visit to ABC, it's about Esme's.  (Yes, the first two outings we had with our daughter were both to bars.  Think what you will, they're both very family friendly places filled with our family friends.)  Esme didn't have anything to drink in either establishment, but I won't hold that against her.  I would hold it against her if she develops a taste for Bud Light, though.  I hope I'm able to teach her to be a responsible drinker -- meaning that she drinks locally produced beverages brewed with environmentally sustainable practices.  (Did I mention ABC is working on setting up solar power for their brewing operation?)  Oh, and beer that has flavor -- friends don't let friends drink crappy beer.
     In any case, I think you can see that she wasn't exactly excited about the trip -- she was her normal, mellow, sleepy self.  She does look just a little gangsta in the last picture, though...


   So if you're in town, and you'd like to have a beer, hopefully you'll let me guide us to ABC to share in the joy and bliss that is their stock in trade.

PS.  Sorry I haven't kept up so well over the past few weeks.  I'm getting back to it, but also participating in NaNoWriMo, so we'll see how I do this month...

No comments:

Post a Comment